It’s often been said that you have to “think positive”. And I agree with that sentiment because thoughts become feelings and feelings become actions and actions become what is your reality. So there is a direct link between the things that we think about and what occurs in life.
However, have you ever stopped to think about your thinking?
What do you spend most of your time pondering about?
If you take a survey of your inner mental activity, you will be amazed to see that it will give you a clear picture of the person you are and the direction that your life is moving in…
So if you ever find yourself in a place, in life, where you desire change to occur – it first starts within your mind! Start working to change what you think!
A few things to help you shift your thoughts:
- Be mindful of what you read and if you’re not a “reader” – you need to begin! Reading feeds the mind
- Be mindful of what you watch via the internet and/or television
- Be mindful of the company you keep, as the thoughts of others can be infectious. Negative thinkers can influence how you think about life
- Remember the power of the tongue
I think #4 is SO important, that I want to spend more time talking about it.
The power of the tongue, what exactly does that mean? It refers to the ability for us to speak things into existence. If you speak positively, then that is likely where your thoughts and focus with shift. By the same token, if you’re a naysayer, doubter, or worrier, then the odds are you’re probably talking about and thinking about the obstacles, struggles, and problems.
You need to be more aware of the things you say or speak over yourself and your life. For me, I speak positivity because it encourages me, it reinforces positive beliefs about self, it refuels my energy tank so that I can persevere, and it confirms what God already told me – that his children are beloved, beautiful, and accepted in spite of their flaws!
So what positive things will you begin speaking over your life?
- I proclaim that I shall be a published author
- I assert that I will be seen as a social-emotional leader
- I anticipate that my writings will provide emotional and social healing to those that it touches
- And I expect to enjoy my future roles of biological mother and wife
What positive words and thoughts will you start to proclaim, assert, anticipate, and expect in your own life?
Life According to Me,